Growing concerns about generative AI threats
The growing need for protection against evolving generative AI threats
Recent GEMSERV research has shown grave concerns about new threats from generative AI to global organizations. 83% of participants believe that generative AI will drive future cyberattacks, but only 16% think their organizations truly understand advanced AI tools. These threats require adequate preparation, as 69% of organizations do not have access to SIEM tools or cyber threat intelligence. However, there are also new regulations on the way that aim to manage risks and strengthen the safety of AI.
Contribute to spreading the culture of prevention!
Support our cause with a small donation by helping us raise awareness among users and companies about cyber threats and defense solutions.
Research conducted by cybersecurity specialists GEMSERV reveals grave concerns about new generative AI threats to global organizations. A significant increase in cyberattacks from deep fake AI technologies was expected, but leaders lack both the understanding of the threats and the urgent need to invest in protection. According to the survey, 83% of participants say generative AI will drive future cyberattacks, but only 16% think their organizations truly understand what advanced AI tools can do.
Generative AI and emerging threats
The survey reveals that 38% of participants expect a significant increase in cyber attacks using deep fake AI technologies in the next 5 years, while 45% expect a moderate increase. In total, 83% of participants believe that generative AI will play a larger role in cyberattacks. However, only 16% of participants believe their organizations have excellent knowledge of these advanced AI tools.
A new set of challenges: prepare for emerging threats
The ever-evolving cyber threat landscape presents CISOs with the formidable challenge of predicting and preparing for attacks. Information and budgetary resources are key to adequate preparation. However, the survey reveals troubling statistics: 69% of organizations have access to neither SIEM tools nor cyber threat intelligence, while 8% have neither. 78% of CISOs believe the cyber threat landscape will become more complex and challenging in the next 12 months. A significant 83% of CISOs expect to see more cyberattacks using generative AI tools.
New regulations: a regulatory hope
Amid these challenges, new regulations are on the horizon. The European Union (EU) AI Act and the UK's Data Protection and Digital Information (DPDI) Bill are redefining the regulatory landscape. These regulations aim to clarify, manage risks and strengthen rules on data quality, transparency, human oversight and accountability. A remarkable 82% of CISOs believe these new regulations will support their organizations' growth and service expansion. The EU's AI Act, in particular, distinguishes between high-risk and low-risk AI tools, ensuring that organizations maintain high standards of transparency and security.Follow us on Telegram for more pills like this